There are no accessory packages for this product, but we're working on it. Please call us for details about accessory packages for this product.
- 16.1 MP APS-C Size CMOS Image Sensor
- The same sensor format that Sony builds into the full-sized α DSLRs. With 13 times the area of the typical point-and-shoot image sensor, APS-C makes the difference between "snapshots" and "photographs," delivering an exceptional combination of high resolution, high sensitivity and pleasingly blurred backgrounds.
- E-Mount Lens Compatibility with A-Mount Lens Option
- The camera accepts Alpha NEX E-mount lenses, including normal-range, wide-angle, wide-to-telephoto and portrait-to-long telephoto zooms; mid-range, wide-angle and macro primes; and wide-angle and fisheye converters. With optional Alpha NEX Camera Mount Adapters, you can also use Alpha A-mount lenses on the camera
- 16-50mm Zoom Lens Included
- Lens features electrically-driven zoom mechanism, as well as dual-function control ring for both zooming and manual focus. With 35mm equivalent focal length of 24-75mm, lens has normal zoom range allowing you to capture wide-angle shots, portraits, and everything in between. Lens has maximum aperture of f/3.5 - 5.6, with minimum aperture of f/22 - 36 for greater depth of field. It contains 9 total elements in 8 groups, including 1 ED (extra-low dispersion) glass and 4 aspherical lens elements that correct for curvature of field at wide-angle focal lengths and spherical / chromatic aberration at telephoto end. The lens features 7 circular aperture blades, as well. Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization results in clear, blur-free photos and videos. The lens measures 2.6 x 1.8" / 6.60 x 4.57 cm (maximum diameter x length), but its retracting mechanism allows it to collapse to only 0.19" (0.48 cm) long for easy storage and transport. The lens has an angle of view of 83-32° and a maximum magnification 0.215x. It contains an internal stepping motor, as well as a distance encoder
- Fast Hybrid AF
- Sony's advanced Fast Hybrid AF combines two technologies for improved performance: Phase detection AF for quick response that is ideal when tracking fast-moving subjects and contrast-detection AF for added precision. An appropriate match that delivers optimal Auto Focus for fast, precise focusing in any scene. Phase-detection AF has 99 points, while contrast-detection AF has 25 points. AF Illuminator: Built-in, LED type, with a range of approx. 1-9.8' / 0.3-3.0 m (with E PZ16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS attached). AF micro adjustment with LA-EA2 (sold separately)
- 3" 921K-Dot TFT LCD
- Angle Adjustment: Up - Approx. 90 degrees, Down - Approx. 45 degrees. Brightness Control: Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode. Real-time image adjustment display: On/Off. Peaking: Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: White/Red/Yellow). Customization: Graphic display/Display all info/Big font size display/No display info/Levels/Histogram/Viewfinder
- XGA Tru-Finder OLED Viewfinder
- This eye-level, through-the-lens viewfinder begins with 2359K dots for improved resolution and a high contrast ratio for incredible depth. OLED reduces motion blur to a bare minimum. You can also see the results of camera adjustments in real time with striking color and detail. Brightness control: Auto, Manual (3 steps between -1 and +1). Display: Basic info; Levels; Histogram
- Wi-Fi Sharing
- Wi-Fi capability lets users transfer photos directly to smartphones and tablets with the PlayMemories mobile app. Wi-Fi capability allows for sharing, viewing and saving photos for expanded photo-shooting enjoyment. Photos can be easily transferred to smartphones and tablets, viewed on large screen TVs, or saved to PCs.
- Advanced Control Dial
- Mode control dial and Quick Navi assure quick and intuitive operation comparable to a DSLR's. Control dial and Fn (function) button combine to facilitate speed in getting the shot.
- Full HD Movies at 60p/60i/24p
- Capture HD movies in your choice of smooth 60p, standard 60i or cinematic 24p, all at full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution. AVCHD codec delivers exceptional picture quality. MP4 codec offers smaller files for easier upload to the web.
- Multi-Interface Shoe
- Unlike conventional cameras, the NEX-6 features a newly developed Multi-Interface Shoe that expands compatibility with Handycam accessories, thus raising the potential for photo/movie shooting.
- Built-in GN6 Pop-up Flash
- A built-in Guide Number 6 flash is located on top of the camera. It is ideal for shooting in dimly lit settings and can be used as a fill flash when shooting in bright sunshine or to produce catch lights in portraits. The flash combines with high ISO 3200 (extendable up to 25600) and a large APS-C HD CMOS sensor for beautiful low-light photos. Max angle of coverage equivalent to 16mm focal length
- Electronic Shutter
- Vertical-traverse, focal-plane type. Speeds: Still images: 1/4000 to 30s (Bulb); Movies: 1/4000 to 1/4 (1/3 steps), up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto slow shutter)
- Fast 10fps Burst Shooting
- Continuous shooting: Max. 3fps; Speed Priority: Max.10 fps. Maximum number of frames: Up to 15 in Fine mode, 16 in Standard, 11 in RAW, 10 in RAW+JPEG
- Picture Effect Mode
- There are 11 picture effects modes to choose from: Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow), Soft High-key, High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera (Normal, Cool, Warm, Green, Magenta), Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, and Miniature. Each is unique and each gives you a way to make your images and videos pop.
- Photo Creativity Interface
- The Photo Creativity interface enables you to easily enjoy the creative expression of SLR-quality digital imaging without the complicated settings. Changes can be made using the control dial with results seen in real time on the LCD. Settings include: Background Defocus, Brightness, Color, Vividness and most Picture Effects.
- Auto Portrait Framing
- Simply photograph a person and Auto Portrait Framing will save an additional, optimally framed image in portrait or landscape orientation. Combining Face Detection and By Pixel Super Resolution technologies with rule of thirds, Auto Portrait Framing provides composed and appealingly balanced full resolution portraits.
- Clear Image Zoom
- Utilizing Sony's exclusive By Pixel Super Resolution Technology, Clear Image Zoom increases the effective focal length of your lens up to 2x by digitally magnifying the center of your image with minimal degradation. It virtually doubles the effective focal length of whatever lens you're using providing greater shooting flexibility.
- Digital Zoom
- Approx. 4x (still images and movies)
- Convenient USB Charging
- Easily recharge the camera via USB charging. Simply connect the bundled USB cable and recharge the battery without removing it from the camera, either via AC outlet or PC connection.
- Auto HDR Built Into Camera
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography captures more scene contrast than a single exposure can handle by combining the best highlight detail from one shot and the best shadow detail from another for one incredible shot. Until recently, you needed a computer and editing software. Sony builds HDR in. Handles severe backlighting and other high-contrast scenes. (Recommended for still subjects.). Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1.0-6.0 EV at 1.0 EV step), off
- 6-Image Layering
- The camera leverages the large, APS-C image sensor and captures six images in a fraction of a second. The camera then combines the data from the 6 different images up to ISO 25600 to create a single image. This method is used to control blur in Anti-Motion Blur mode or to get cleaner, sharper nighttime pictures in Hand-held Twilight mode.
- Sweep Panorama Technology
- Capture expansive landscapes automatically. Press the shutter, sweep vertically or horizontally. The camera does the rest, continuously shooting images and stitching them together for up to a 23MP image size. The camera is capable of up to a 202° sweep angle (16mm focal length).
- Anti-Motion Blur Mode
- Corrects for subject movement to capture clean, sharp images in low light. The camera leverages the large, APS-C image sensor and captures six images in a fraction of a second. Combining the data from all six creates a single image that minimizes subject blur.
- Intelligent Auto Focus
- Pre-focuses as you compose the shot, further reducing focusing time to a bare minimum.
- Peaking AF Display
- The Peaking AF display makes precise manual focusing much easier by highlighting the edges that are in focus in your choice of three colors (white, red, or yellow). This is especially helpful during macro or portrait photography where your focal plane can make or break your shot.
- Manual Focus Assist
- Greatly magnifies the viewfinder image (4.8x, 9.6x) when you touch the focus ring, making it easy to get razor-sharp images. Works with E-mount lenses only.
- Enhanced Tracking Focus
- Tracking Focus continuously tracks a user-designated subject and is now more effective at tracking people. If the subject turns away from the camera, face-detection tracking automatically switches to subject tracking and continues tracking.
- Face Detection Technology
- The camera can automatically detect up to eight individual faces and adjust focus, exposure, white balance and flash to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends. It can prioritize children or adults.
- Smile Shutter Technology
- Captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply select the Smile Shutter mode and the camera takes the picture automatically. You can prioritize children or adults and adjust the smile sensitivity.
- D-Range Optimizer (DRO)
- Improves results with backlit subjects and recovers details hidden in shadows. Settings include Auto Level with a choice of five operating levels and Off.
- Exposure Compensation
- Still images: +/- 3 EV in 1/3EV steps; Movies: +/- 2 EV in 1/3EV steps
- Exposure Bracketing
- With 1/3, 2/3, 1, 2, 3EV increments; 3 frames
- Noise Reduction
- Long Exposure NR: (On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 second). High ISO NR: (High/Normal/Low)
- Creative Styles (6 Modes)
- Control how the camera processes your images with six finishing styles: Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset and B&W (Contrast (-3 to +3 steps)). You can even fine-tune contrast, saturation (-3 to +3 steps), and sharpness (-3 to +3 steps) to your personal taste.
- PhotoTV HD Compatibility
- Optimizes compatible BRAVIA televisions for flattering display of digital pictures.
- MS Duo/ SD Slot
- For cost-effective, convenient storage and sharing of your images, the camera accepts Memory Stick PRO Duo/Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC media (Class 4 or higher recommended). Memory card is required (sold separately).
- Anti-Dust Sensor
- Anti-Dust Technology helps keep the CMOS sensor clean, resulting in consistently clear pictures. First a static-free coating on the sensor's low-pass filter helps repel dust. Then vibration automatically dislodges dust from the sensor.
- Still Image Playback Options : Single, 6/12-frame index view, Enlarged display mode, Panorama (Standard), Panorama (Wide): 34x), Auto Review, Image orientation, Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection, Delete, Protect. Video Playback Options: Forward/Rewind
- Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting
- Additional Features
- Shooting Tips, Help guide, Area Setting, Clock Function / Setting, Eye-Fi ready, Shop Front Mode
16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 Retractable Zoom Lens
NP-FW50 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery (1080mAh)
AC-UB10 AC Adapter
Micro-USB 2.0 Cable